Fossil Dig Kit - Earth Science Toy (Age 8+)
Fossil Dig Kit
An assortment of science and nature craft kits in the Earth Science range
- Brick containing authentic dinosaur fossils and excavating tools required to extract them
- Place the brick on a flat surface and chip away at it with the hammer and chisel, slowly revealing the hidden fossils inside
- Once extracted, the brush can be used to clean up the specimens for display
- Includes 5 fossils per kit (out of a possible 15)
- Box is 24.5cm x 17cm x 4.5cm in size
- Designs and contents may vary
- Also available in other designs in the Earth Science range
- Ideal children ages 8 plus, not suitable for children under 3 years of age
Fossils are preserved remains of animals and plants from thousands or millions of years ago. They are formed when the body of an animal or a plant is buried in sand or mud before it rots or is eaten by other animals. The parts of the animal or plant that don't decompose quickly (usually the hard parts like bones and teeth) are then transformed over thousands of years. Minerals dissolved in water seep into and replace the original material within the remains but its shape is preserved. So the final fossil is a stone replica of the original remains.
No reviews yet, be the first.
|Product Code:||EARTH SCIENCE FOSSIL DIG|