Cavalier Belgian Chocolates
Stevia No Sugar Added
Twin Pack Dark Chocolate Easter Eggs 100g
No sugar added chocolate that is sweetened with Stevia, a natural plant extract which has no bitter after taste, no laxative effects and is kind to teeth
- Two small 50g Easter eggs made from Cavalier Stevia No Sugar Added Belgian dark chocolate, ideal for adults or children
- Each egg is approximately 7cm high, in gift box which is 16cm x 11.5cm x 8cm in size
- Sweetened with Stevia, a natural sweetener
- Ideal as a small gift or indulgent treat
- May be suitable for diabetics or other special diets, but be treat wise
- Other varieties of Stevia chocolate are also available
- Does not have laxative effects, unlike other no sugar added chocolate may have
|No Sugar Added||Yes|
Ingredients: cocoa mass, alimentary fibres (dextrin, inulin, oligofructose), sweeteners (erythritol, steviol glycosides), cocoa butter, emulsifier: soy lecithin, natural flavours. Milk chocolate: minimum 55% cocoa solids. Producted in a plant processing milk protein, wheat and nuts. Contains naturally occuring sugars,
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g|
|Energy||432 calories (1808 kj)|
Carbohydrates, of which polyols
Carbohydrates, of which sugars
What is Stevia?
Stevia is short for Stevia rebaudiana Bertoni. It is a small green plant originating from the border area between Paraguay and Brazil. Its leaves contain stevioside, a strong sweetener that is up to 300 times sweeter tasting than ordinary sugar. The plant itself contains rebaudioside A, among other things, which is even sweeter than stevioside and has less of a bitter aftertaste.
Is Stevia safe?
Yes, research shows that Stevia is perfectly safe. Despite 10 years of research into potential downsides in quantities, no adverse effects are known of to date. On the contrary even, health benefits have been demonstrated with intake in higher quantities. The EFSA, the European Food Standards Agency, is also convinced of this and has officially approved the use of Stevia.Why are we hearing about Stevia only now?
Stevia has actually been used for centuries as a natural sweetener in countries such as China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Israel, Uruguay, Brazil and Paraguay. In Japan for instance Stevia is added to soft drinks as a healthy replacement for aspartame.
Due to the availability and the emergence of cheaper sugar and synthetic sweeteners, the effect of Stevia remained a well-kept secret in Europe.
In view of the socioeconomic importance of these sectors, over the past 10 years the politicians have reviewed the policy on sugar subsidies, resulting in refineries being closed. This has created a gap for Stevia.
- Completely natural
- Huge sweetening power (300 times sweeter than sugar)
- Only small quantities needed
- Frequently tested and found to be 100% safe
- Unlike some sweeteners, totally non-carcinogenic
- Stable when heated, hence suitable for frying and boiling
- Non-addictive, unlike ordinary sugar, for instance
- Results in less plaque on teeth and fewer fillings
- Contains zero calories and contributes to driving down obesity
|Product Code:||CV STEVIA EASTER EGGS 100G|